A phone system is the heart of every business. Reliable communications are essential, no matter the size of your business. Continuing to work with out-of-date phone technology can potentially be harming your business growth – but how do you know it’s time to change?
Here are the key things you should be looking out for to tell you it’s time for a phone system upgrade.
The Key Signs It’s Time To Modernise
Rather than waiting for client, customer, or employee complaints, look out for these key signals:
- Call confusion – if calls are regularly routed to the wrong person or department, it’s a clear sign that your phone system is not fit for purpose
- Various systems – varying systems, technology, and integration between departments will always cause confusion, meaning it’s time to streamline
- Missed calls – a bad system can lead to missed calls, and every missed call is a lost opportunity, as well as creating a negative brand image
- Changing bills – it’s essential for budgeting purposes that you have a consistent and reliable idea of your monthly phone bill charges
- Inflexibility – your phone system should suit your business needs, you shouldn’t have to change to suit it – if you are, it’s time to upgrade
Keeping a close eye on these symptoms developing can be a clear indication that it’s time to think about modernising.
Investing in VoIP
When it’s time to upgrade, you should think about integrating a VoIP business phone system. No matter the size of your business, you have many potential benefits to gain from using VoIP. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol and uses the power of internet connectivity to handle your calls.
What does that mean for you? In short, it means a more reliable phone network, better inter-departmental connectivity and communication, and in many cases, improved voice quality on calls. VoIP systems are scalable and can be integrated easily into your business, changing with the way you and your team work in order to better handle your communication needs. VoIP can provide consistency, flexibility, and dependability in your communications.
A VoIP system for small business owners is a compelling investment because it’s also affordable. Not only is the initial cost of setting up very affordable, but the VoIP system will also consistently bring down your monthly phone costs. It’s an entirely more efficient and accessible system.
When you’ve seen these signs, contact Staveley Comms to discuss upgrading your business communications.
Image source: Unsplash